Happy Summer Solstice! The first day of Summer; my absolute favorite time of year, where I feel the most happy, energetic and alive!
I feel an instant boost in my mood, I’m more social, creative and focused on my goals.
I think what makes it much more special, is the fact that I live in New England and brave the LONG cold, never-ending Winters! It makes me appreciate the warm days so much more, like the sunshine after the rain or the view at the top of the mountain after a hard climb.
To me, the first day of Summer feels more like New Year’s Day than January 1st. I feel like it’s a fresh start and I’m more motivated and inspired to accomplish things I’ve been putting off. With the warm weather, I am more active, eating better, and feeling better! I spend as much of my day outdoors as I can and feed off of nature for inspiration and creativity.
My light from within shines brighter. I am nicer to people and to myself.
Just like most people would make a New Year’s Resolution, I have created a list of Summer Promises to myself, which aren’t your typical: lose weight, stick to a diet, and exercise more.
My Summer Promises
- Spend time in nature every day
- Spend more quality time with people I love
- Stop sweating the small stuff
- Allow negative thoughts to come and go…without giving them any power
- Stop doubting my potential
- Be a better listener
- Hike a new trail each week
- Have better sex, and more of it (sorry Mom)
- Increase my earnings $$$
- Face my fears head on/stepping outside of my comfort zone more often
- Continue with healthy habits, without restriction
- Eat more ice cream…guilt free
I encourage you to create your list of Summer Promises and let your light shine bright this season! Take advantage of the longer days, sunshine, and memories to be made!
XO Peace & Love, Stephanie